What is the Council?
The Student council is responsible for organising all non-academic activities for the students. The Council members invariably learn leadership, tolerance, tact, respect, and the most difficult: how to follow orders.
These practical traits help Council members to apply their acquired knowledge and handle day-to-day situations with more confidence. They together with the student body organize the various events thus alleviating the tedium that comes with being a student. What the Council ensures the activities of the student body take different forms.
1) Some of the social activities are: Valentine's Night, Halloween, Thanksgiving, College Day and a Christmas function.
2) They should also rally round and give whatever support and assistance to the International School activities, if and when called upon to do so.
3) The students plan a 'Day Outing' each semester.
4) Students are encouraged to get involved in sports activities, as this encourages healthy competition and discipline in individuals. Some of the clubs that can be formed are Chess / Scrabble/ Do-You-Know, etc.
5) Subscription fees: a small fee, which is levied from each student, forms the financial base of the Council. It is usually around 200/=.
6) Council elections: the council has 11 office bearers who are elected by the students each semester. Candidates are nominated by the student and an election is then held.