The American College of Higher Education is an International Offshore Center of the Broward College, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. Currently, Broward courses taught at the ACHE are easily transferred to Broward College and to other American Colleges and universities.
The American College also maintains an academic affiliation with Excelsior College (a member of the University of the State of New York) through which the Bachelor's degree programs are conducted in Sri Lanka and conferred by Excelsior College.
Broward College (BC)
Broward College (BC) was established in 1960. It is the 4th largest College in the United State catering to over 105,000 students from all over the USA and other countries. BC offers university parallel as well as technical and occupational programs.
Broward College is well-recognized for its dedication to international education programs. As such, BC has established formal linkages with several American College programs overseas. Currently, official BC relationships are maintained with the following institutions:
- Broward College of Ecuador (Ecuador)
- American College of Higher Education (Sri Lanka)
- Center for American Education (Singapore)
- International Center of Management and India Studies (India)
- University of Cuenca (UPAC) (Ecuador)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Baden Powell (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Grupo Educativo de Baden Powell, Estado de Mexico (Mexico)
- Beijing International Studies Education Academy (China)
- Vietnamese American Vocational Training College (Vietnam)
- Center for American Education (Finland)
- International College of Seville (Spain)
- Schiller International University (Germany)
- Caribbean American Institute of Higher learning (Jamaica)
- Center for American Education (Peru)
- Center for American Education (Guatemala)
Broward College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate and Bachelors degrees. Broward courses taught at the American College of Higher Education are accredited by SACS. The American College of Higher Education is approved by the US accrediting Commission on Colleges (SACS).
Excelsior College is an accredited institution in the state of New York. Excelsior College offers 31 different degree program at Associate and Baccalaureate levels.
Approximately 5,000 students graduate from Excelsior College each year, and over 250 graduate institutions have admitted Excelsior College graduates. These include many of the most competitive and prestigious schools in the USA, such as Columbia University, Harvard University, The Ohio State University, UCLA and Yale University.
As an Excelsior College student [at ACHE], you have a library and a librarian to turn to for your information needs: the Excelsior College Virtual Library (ECVL). The library is full of carefully selected and annotated sources pertinent to your program and provides a reliable and trustworthy place to start your research. It is continuously growing and offers you a wide range of library sources and services.
Guangzhou Civil Aviation College (China)
Guangzhou Civil Aviation College (GCAC) is an institute sponsored and funded by the Government of China and administered by the Civil Aviation authority of China (CAAC). It is also approved by the Ministry of Education, China and recognized as being amongst the top fifteen higher vocational institutes in China. GCAC provides specialized aviation courses, that are of high quality and affordable, for Sri Lankan students.
Under this partnership, ACHE will offer six programs of study including Tourism and Travel, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Aircraft Structure Engineering, Avionics, Electrical Engineering as well as Computer Network Engineering and Telecommunications. This program involves one year of study in Sri Lanka, and the next year in Guangzhou Civil Aviation College, China. The qualification offered by Guangzhou Civil Aviation College is an industry recognized qualification, and upon completion of the program, students can get job opportunities in the airline, tourism and hospitality industries in China or all parts of the world.
Edexcel International, UK, is a leading provider of internationally recognized qualifications, to offer BTEC Higher National Diploma programs in the areas of Business Management and Computing.
The BTEC HND program takes 18 months to complete, and places emphasis on imparting practical knowledge and skills to students in addition to equipping them with comprehensive theoretical knowledge. Students will be assessed based on assignments, which will have to be submitted periodically, rather than through written examinations.
The BTEC HND program offered by ACHE in collaboration with Edexcel International will greatly assist students to further progress in their careers since it is a qualification that is highly recognized in all parts of the world. The BTEC HND program is equivalent to 2 years of a Bachelor’s degree, and offers students the option of continuing their studies in Sri Lanka or else migrating to UK, Australia etc. to complete their final year degree.
The American College has transfer agreements with the following universities:
- American University - Washington DC
- Ashland University - Ohio
- Asia Pacific University - Japan
- Babson College - Massachusetts
- Bradley University - Illinois
- Bridgeport University - Connecticut
- California Lutheran University - California
- California State University - Chico
- Colorado State University - Colorado
- Culver-Stockton College - Missouri
- Deakin University - Sydney
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - Arizona
- Fairlegh Dickinson University - New Jersey
- Florida Atlantic University - Florida
- Grand Valley State University - Michigan
- Hawaii Pacific University - Hawaii
- Iowa State University - Iowa
- Macquarie University - Sydney
- Northern Illinois University - Illinois
- Ohio Wesleyan University - Ohio
- Pennsylvania State University - Pennsylvania
- Pepperdine University - California
- Randolph Macon Woman’s College - Virginia
- Richmond: The American International University in London - UK
- St.Mary’s College of California - California
- Santa Clara University - California
- Simon Fraser University - Canada
- Swinburne University - Melbourne
- Stevens Institute of Technology - New Jersey
- Slippery Rock University - Pennsylvania
- Texas Christian University - Texas
- Towson University - Maryland
- Truman State University - Missouri
- University of Findlay - Ohio
- University of New Hampshire - New Hampshire
- University of Oklahoma - Oklahoma
- University of Richmond - Virginia
- University of San Francisco - California
- University of Tampa - Florida
- University of Toledo - Ohio
- University of Windsor - Canada
- Washington College - Maryland
- Wentworth Institute of Technology - Maryland
- Widener University - Pennsylvania
- Winona State University - Minnesota
- York University - Toronto
Students are not restricted from applying to other universities as well.